MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Second last (at least for now)

This will be the second last seam treatment in this little series - perhaps I'll do some more for you at a later date.


This is one you definitely should use waste canvas to do so that you get the stitches even.  The whole thing is created with straight stitches (red in the diagram is done with DMC floss and the blue was done with gold metallic).  I had initially planned to add beads but when I finished the stitches I opted not to use them.  The choice would be up to you.

It was  mentioned in the comments yesterday that they didn't like using waste canvas and I  understand that.  It does require a certain degree of patience.  My helpful hint with waste canvas is to pull the short threads first - and only one at a time.  Trying to hasten the removal by pulling at more than one thread will definitely lead to distortion of your stitching AND a huge amount of frustration.  If you find that a canvas thread you're trying to remove seems to be 'stuck', try pulling it from the other side.  

I have another little series planned that will start later this week, so you'll have to stay tuned for that.

Today it's very hot and I'm  glad that I am able to stay inside with a couple of fans going and not be out in the humidity.  Stitching and spending time on the computer, iced coffee close at hand, is the best way to spend the day.

Today your quote is from William Shakespeare...."Love sought is good, but given unsought is better"






8 comments:

  1. I'm not a cq person but I live following your stitching adventures. And you have the best links anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your header Mary Anne. I love looking at it:) I've enjoyed following along with your stitching how to's. I have used waste canvas for seam treatments and it does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:14 AM

    I've really enjoyed the series. Thanks!
    Maureen S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you are keeping busy in this heat,
    I was thinking of going to Choir Choir Choir, I am not a Leonard fan, but a Rufus fan. Singing ( and dancing) is such a natural pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful singing! And another great seam treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the series and am sure I will reference your posts in the future when life takes me back to CQ. I bought waste canvas and think I will give it a try.

    Wonder what you have up your sleeve next!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to rename you the seam Queen....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally have a good connection to the internet here at the campground. Nice stitches! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.