A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, July 04, 2016

It seems like there's another seam


This is another of the seam treatments I've been
doing...






I worked this using blue metallic thread (red in the diagram) and added rice pearl beads (green in the diagram). 




- there's a cute little sailboat cross stitch pattern available HERE  It's shown as a plastic canvas project, but there's no reason we can't use it for cross stitch too.

- and for sheer amazingly beautiful stitching have a look at what Shirlee has posted HERE.  Wow!!

- and I want to extend happy 4th of July wishes to my friends in the US.  Hope your day is/was wonderful!  It's a big weekend all around, because our Canada Day was on the 1st.

And finally, your quote for today is from Idowu Koyenikan.... "Your pride for your country should not come after your country becomes great; your country becomes great because of your pride in it"



8 comments:

Baa. xxx said...

Love that! Such a pretty seam treatment with the beads. Love the quote.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi MA
Your newest seam treatment is so lovely. I like the metallic thread together with the pearl.
Good quote. Maybe Donald Trump should read it.
xx, Carol

KimM said...

Beautiful pearls and blue combo....and love your quote.
xxx

Kim said...

I just want to say your beach/water scene in your header is quite simply AMAZING!! There are so many lovely pretties to look upon. What a sublime piece of embroidery!!

Shirlee Fassell said...

Loved the way you used the rice pearls! Thanks for the link.

allthingzsewn said...

Gonna look the links up when I get back from hair cut. I absolutely love the large banner of that pillow top. I can see detail where I missed it before.
Have you recouped from the 4th?

Suztats said...

Love that seam treatment!

karen said...

I think you are very skilled and very brave using metallic thread, I know how tricky that can be....