I added the little row of scissors for a
seam treatment, and the spools of thread...
all done using waste canvas.
- if you are a quilter, you may find THIS interesting. It explains how to cut pieces of varying shapes and the proper amount of seam allowance to add.
- for those of us who use a lot of thread and would love to be able to purchase it in the large cones but then don't know how to use them with our sewing machines, there's a great tutorial HERE. This is absolutely brilliant!!
- there's a wonderful sewing room organizer tutorial HERE.
- Gerry has a great post on her blog about colour choices in your work and that can be found HERE.
- There's an amazing crazy quilt honouring the veterans from the Vietnam war and it can be seen on Allie's blog HERE.
- for your laugh of the day, go and have a look at the picture Mary Ann has posted HERE. I think we can all relate!!
- just a gentle reminder that the editorial staff of the 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine are looking for submissions for both the summer issue of the magazine AND also for entries into the contest for the 2017 calendar. I'm one of the judges (and also the one you send pictures of your entries to) and I'm happily anticipating seeing what you create. The calendar needs entries for all months of the year, so you can choose whatever seasonal theme you might like to create. If you are looking for ideas for your calendar entry, have a look at the submission guidelines on Pam's site. Pam is also looking for advertising content for the summer issue. Go HERE for submission guidelines; HERE for information re the calendar contest; and HERE for her notice regarding advertising. Remember, we don't need your actual items so you won't have to worry about postage costs. Just send us good quality pictures!
Today your quote is from Richard Bach... "The simplest questions are the most profound. Where were you born? Where is your home? Where are you going? What are you doing? Think about these once in awhile and watch your answers change"