MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

tentatively pushing the button.....deep breath......






WOO HOO!!!!



WHOOP

WHOOP!!!







If you didn't read my post yesterday you won't have a clue what all the wooing and whooping is all about.  Suffice to say I am absolutely jumping up and down that I figured out how to make my camera and my computer talk nicely to one another....all by myself.  Yes....by my own self.....alone.  After two days of saying not-so-nice things to myself and a great deal of muttering and blue air, I hit upon the bright idea of doing a 'system restore' which my Computers For Dummies book said was something not to be afraid of.  So....I pushed all the appropriate buttons (with a great deal of trepidation, I might add!!) and watched as the computer chugged away doing mysterious and terrifying things known only unto itself.

THEN, I, with even more trepidation, opened up my pictures file and plugged in my camera.  AND IT WORKED!!!    Eureka!!  Party Time!!  

Computer Guru-ism, here I come!!   

Oh, and for those of you who might be curious to know what the pictures ARE.....remember The Quilt-zzzz from earlier this year?  Remember that there were blocks left over?   Well, this is the resulting quilt from the leftovers, with the addition of the black print fabric.  Almost big enough for a double bed - probably would be fine as a bed topper.  For now, it will reside over the pullout couch in my sewing room.
Today the quote is from Bo Bennett...."Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success"



18 comments:

  1. Huzzah - congrats on your success!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very appropriate saying Mary Anne! I am thrilled for you that you got everything working again and even more thrilled that you did it all by yourself! What a confidence boost! Just to add the cherry on the cake... your quilt looks great too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relief...that's what I call it...Relief.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you found a solution. Great quote too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you were able to sort it out and got it all to work for you again. Can be so extremely frustrating I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on achieving your camera/computer navigation. Your quote of not enough words has me laughing because it so fits many of my trials. Your beautiful smile makes it all worth while in the end. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grrr...COMPUTERS!!! So glad things are working out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, now can you do the same for my xplornet connection modem? Its still not fixed and I'm loosing patience!!

    Your opening photo has changed, yeah that is one beautiful block! And look at your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Yay! Yippee! Microsoft send my computer from Aussie to the Magpie Guru!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fall block is so pretty and colorful! Thanks for including spidey. I understand your computer frustrations. I often wonder what is going on in the background out of my own control and how the computer can be working perfectly when I go to bed and not work the next day. I also don't understand how anyone can understand all the computer language gibberish called coding. Nice seeing your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Brilliant girl!!
    Theres clearly no stopping you once you get the bit tween your teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woo hoooooo.....good for you Magpie!! I would have been doing exactly the same thing...with the not so nice words and blue air and stuff.

    And, then...pushing buttons ...yikes! it is enough to make me all sweaty just thinking 'bout you doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! Good photos and a finished quilt, happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Computer Guru YOU!!!
    I know who to contact next time mine doesn't play nicely!
    Lovely quilt mary Anne.
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do have a way with words! Nice quilt! And to think it's from leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely quilt, Mary Anne, great use of your leftovers, and beautiful quilting! Glad you sorted out the computer problem, they can be very scary, and annoying, can't they!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely quilt! Way to go, figuring out your computer issues! That sounded so frustrating. You shared a great selfie in your last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. technology is indeed very scary and I admire you for pushing any buttons!! I love this coverlet, it looks so squishy and cosy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.