Today I thought I'd give you a little break from the Looking Back series and send you off to visit other places that you might find to be of interest.
1. For those of you who like knitting, or just like to see something fun, have a look at THIS wool bombed tree on CrazyQStitchers blog. It's amazing and made me smile.
2. For those that like to crochet, there's a tutorial HERE for using plastic bags to create beds for the homeless. In these days of trying to remember to take your own bags, I know the numbers of plastic bags is dwindling, but it's something to consider if you can collect bags from your friends. They are certainly something that is greatly needed.
3. Kathy Shaw has announced that registrations are open now for her 'Embellishing With Threads' free crazy quilt class. Registration closes at midnight on Aug 6th so you will have to hurry if you want to play along. Go HERE for further information.
4. Sharon Boggon has done a really great review of the current issue of 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' and it's definitely appreciated by the editorial team. Go HERE to read that, and please consider giving the magazine a 'plug' on your blog too. It all helps to get the word out and we certainly would love your help!
5. I found the article on saying 'No' that Ann Wood wrote on her blog recently to be very enlightening. Go HERE to read it, and to see some of Ann's work as well. She has links on her post to a couple of other articles discussing the value of just saying no. It's something I know I could benefit from doing a lot more often. I try, really I do, but it seems I far too often manage to get involved in things I really live to regret. I'm getting better with it though. (If I keep saying that, I will begin to believe it...right?)
For today's quote, I am going to snag the one Ann used on her blog....