A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Series - part 3

COVERED BOX - ONE END

This is one of the end pieces of the covered box.

Today I give you a quote from Leigh Hodges... "Whether one is twenty, forty, or sixty; whether one has succeeded, failed or just muddled along; whether yesterday was full of sun or storm, or one of those dull days with no weather at all, life begins each morning"


12 comments:

Marly said...

Pretty box cover. I'm interested in how you managed to do cross stitch on satin. It looks to me like counted thread work, but I don't think you can count the threads in satin, can you?

Janie said...

Another lovely piece! I know how you
got the counted thread work on satin, but I'll let you explain.

Vicki Boster said...

Gasp!!! The bird-- I love the bird!! This is such a beautiful project-- your stitch work is outstanding!!
Vicki

Mosaic Magpie said...

A lovely covered box end and an amazing header as well. I too love the bird on the branch...just right for Spring!
xo,
Deb

Kim said...

Some more glorious stitching. Love the pretty bird and the pansy is so sweet. Such a lovely thought that each new morning brings a fresh beginning.

Wandering Wren said...

Hope you are having a good morning, just stopping by to admire your gorgeous bird amongst your other stitchings of course, but you know my heart always sings when I see a little bird!
Wren x

crazyQstitcher said...

Awesome!

Suztats said...

Love this! The bird is beautiful. What a special box.

Renee said...

LOVE your quote. This spring covered box is absolutely delightful! The colors and stitching are both fantastic. It makes a nice header picture on your blog, too!

karen said...

I don't really have any words.....yes, I know that's unusual lol....it's just so gorgeous....

Quinn said...

I'm enjoying your series ;)
So far my favorite bit ie the duck pond. Or the berries.
So imaginative!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi there Mary Anne. This certainly makes a super header. A wonderful job. I love the Robin. Barbara x