A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Part two of the series


Here's part two of the series about the spring covered box.  This shows the back (or it could also be the front, depending on your viewpoint).  You should be able to click to embiggen.

BACK OF BOX



Today the quote is from Joseph Addison...  "The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for"


12 comments:

Christine Barnsley said...

Hello Mary Anne! More beautiful stitching! Love the beautiful colours! :) x

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love those little ducks swimming in the pond!
Deb

Mary Ann said...

Love the colours....roll on spring :)

janie krig said...

Lovely side two, so full of happy spring!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Ann
Love your little chicks in their nest - clever bit of embroidery!
I'm fairly new to crazy quilting, so I have been keeping copies of all your stitchery to help me along this journey!
Many thanks.
Val (UK)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is just spectacular! Beautiful stitching and wonderful design.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I opened the page and said "Holy Moly"!
Just beautiful. I really studied your stitching. I love it all. I like that velvet rick rack seam besides what everyone else has mentioned already.
xx, Carol

Suztats said...

Spring has sprung in your beautiful stitching!

Wandering Wren said...

More wow! and your quote is great, have made a note and will use it at work!
Wren x

crazyQstitcher said...

A very pretty box cover and yes, perfect timing for Spring.
I love your Header.

crazyQstitcher said...

The bluebird chicks are so cute and all the seams lovely.
It's always a joy to visit your blog.

karen said...

how much embellishment can one seam take? Each of these seams is encrusted...