MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 09, 2015

Yet more progress (are you sick of it yet??)

Before I get to the photos of the slow but steady advancement on my rose hussif, there's a couple of things I'd like to talk to you about.

1.

As you know, I am involved somewhat with
Pam Kellogg's new 
'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine.

Pam has asked that I put out a special request
for you to really seriously consider 
submitting pictures of your work for
inclusion in the magazine.

I will tell you that when I first sent a photo of my work to Pat Winter for consideration for the original 'Crazy Quilt Gatherings' magazine, I was terrified.  What if she hated it?  What if she told me that under no possible circumstance would she ever in a million trillion years EVER publish a single thing I had ever made?  (and yes folks, all that went through my mind).  Well - I needn't have worried....and the point I'm trying to make (and yes, I do have one) is that you shouldn't either!!  Don't be scared, don't think your work isn't 'good enough' and above all don't hesitate to contact Pam and share what you're doing.  Believe me, it's a wonderful feeling to have your work shown in the magazine and you can also believe me that it doesn't hurt a bit!!  

Now, having said all that, I also want to point out that the success or failure of a publication such as this is entirely in YOUR hands.  Yes, you.  It's up to you to support it....it's up to you to swallow your fears and submit your work.  

Please go to Pam's blog
and read the submission guidelines
(they are very simple!!)
and let's see your work!

2.

Kathy Shaw has announced
another session of her 
very popular 
on-line beginner crazy quilt class.
Class runs Jan. 14th - Mar. 31st
and registration closes Jan. 13th.
And best of all?
It's FREE!!!!
Go HERE.

And now, here's the promised pictures...





Today the quote is from Mark Twain... "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the mastery of it" 


 

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

never get tired of seeing beautiful stitchery.

Maggie R said...

Love the work
Hugs
Maggie

Mosaic Magpie said...

Lovely stitching!

Suztats said...

Lovely stitching! Such delicate and pretty additions.

janie krig said...

You always have good ideas.
Who is sick of progress anyway? Not me for sure! It's looking good.
Excellent quote.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

More pretty stitching. I didn't know you were involved in the new publications, but then I have been missing a lot of blog posts since I don't spend as much time blogging. Good advice to submit work. We all love eye candy. Glad to see you are on Facebook by the way.

karen said...

you keep showing beautiful flowers, you tempt us, you make us dribble and drool!