A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hodge Podge Mumblings

Today I have a bunch of things I want to tell you about so here goes....

1.  If I disappear off the internet for a little while don't be concerned.  My computer seemingly is developing 'issues' and according to my #2 son the motherboard is working itself up into a hissy fit that will likely culminate in a meltdown.  Fingers crossed I can get it fixed before that happens! 

2.  Some of you will remember that last year I was completely fascinated with a web cam that had been placed in an eagles nest and so much enjoyed watching what was happening on a daily basis.  Well, the parents are back and there are eggs again!   Go HERE to see!  You can pop in for a look anytime, day or night.

3.  Pam Kellogg, the new owner of the 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' magazine has just announced that she is making one year subscriptions available and you can go HERE for further information.  A subscription to this would be a wonderful gift for a birthday, mother's day or any special occasion!  How about treating yourself to something fun arriving in your mailbox four times a year?  Maybe you know someone who is thinking about trying crazy quilting for the first time and is looking for inspiration?

4.  Have a look at the incredible quilts made by THIS man!!  You'll have to click on the pictures in order to progress through his gallery.  Amazing work!!

5.  I have begun work on the 'innards' of my hussif and this is the first thing I made.  This will be part of a pocket I think.  Or maybe not.


And finally, here's the quote for today!  This one is from James Dean.... "Dream as though you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today"


7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the link to the quilts. Wow!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

what a beautiful flower. You are a wealth of info today...Thanks!
xx, Carol

Mosaic Magpie said...

At least the computer is giving you a bit of warning.

Jillayne said...

That will be a lovely and most interesting pocket - so pretty!
I wish you the best of luck wading through the computer world; with so many choices available it will be a process!

karen said...

what a beautiful flower.....computers? ugh....

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oooh, I love this flower! What a pretty embellishment.

Rachael Farmer said...

Lovely....yep.....lovely....*drool* - Shroo:)xx