MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, December 05, 2014

Things of the ornamental kind

Today is a red-letter day because I put the final stitch in my White Cloth #2 project.  Unfortunately there will be no pictures forthcoming in this post because it's just plain too dull and yucky to get anything even remotely decent.  If the lighting improves I will try to get you pictures tomorrow.  Now the decision is....do I make another one?  I don't NEED another one.  I don't have a USE for another one.  However....I have enough fodder in my stash to make probably five more.

Many of you will remember that every year I make a series of Christmas ornaments for use either as little gifts or as the 'bow' on other gifts.  A couple of years ago I made the monumental mistake of mentioning that perhaps I should quit, thinking that people would be sick and tired of getting yet more ornaments.  Well - there was a huge hue and cry and great distress expressed at the idea that I would even consider such a thing.  So....


These?  Times 20!!

Tutorial and pattern is free HERE

Today the quote is from Henry David Thoreau... "The cost of a thing is the amount of life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run"



10 comments:

  1. About the white cloth question: the right question is do I WANT another...or to make another. And if the answer is yes, regardless of stash pressures, well, there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one! I have one!
    Thank yo so much! It arrived today - how lovely lol
    I have yet to write my cards and get organised. I seem to be getting nowhere fast at this end.
    hope the snows gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute! I fear I'd get the same outcry if I tried to stop making postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighting for photos this time of year is quite a challenge! I look forward to seeing pictures once the lighting cooperates. I love the idea of homemade ornaments to go with your gifts. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little puddings! I like your addition of the button. Speaking of additions....I swear every time I see that header of yours something else has been added!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:23 AM

    I too make ornaments every year- mostly for my grandchildren so they will have some when they get married- plus I just really enjoy doing it. Your white cloth is lovely. What I really love though is the crazy quilt shown at the top of your blog page- it is wonderful!!! JaneR in MO

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20 Christmas puddings, lol. What a very interesting project. You are so productive.
    I'm having trouble finding the time to even sit down at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dear! Your new blog header is amazing! Wow! It is so nice to visit you again : )
    Yay that you finished your project! And your newest ornament creations are very festive!
    I hope you are having a great holiday season!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. make another one...I order you to! and I love your little puddings....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.