MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, November 06, 2014

One x Five

Another series of completed projects to be marked off my list!


One purse, done five times in
slightly different ways.

The basic pattern is the 'Two Zip Hipster' 
by Erin Erickson and can be found
HERE

I, of course, have changed the pattern somewhat, along with including a cell phone holder (which is what you can see peeking out of the front pocket in the photo).  

Doing these purses has made me realize that the pain in my arthritic fingers is just not worth suffering through when working with heavy fabrics like denim.  So....denim has now been scratched off my list of raw materials and I will stick to lovely soft fabrics that don't hurt.  Hmmmm.....this getting older certainly isn't for the weak!! 

Today the quote is from Confuscius.... "He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own"


7 comments:

  1. Aww, so sorry you have to move on from your favorite denim. New adventures, then. Do you have another favorite fabric to move to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These bags are adorable. The denim is great but I can see where it would hurt if you are arthritic. It is also hard on sewing machines if you get too many layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! I like the size, just right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....5x...are they gifts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered a similar pattern today thinking about Christmas gifts. I know what you mean about denim. I have collected quite a stash of upholstery fabrics and will probably use them for these purses..we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the thick denim. Lovely bags, though. Besides, this means more white work, right? Love your header and the little pond iced over. Are the snowmen going ice skating?

    ReplyDelete
  7. you get through so much making!! These are great....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.