A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Still nada to show.....

I don't have anything to show you yet, but I do have something that I found that is utterly amazing for you to go and see.  A man, named Paul Smith, who was born with severe cerebral palsy, used an ordinary typewriter (yes, you read the correctly) to make the most beautiful pieces of art.  There's a video on you tube about him and his art as well.  I can't seem to get the direct link to work, but if you Google his name and/or typewriter art you will find him.  Such an inspirational man!!

Today the quote, which is very fitting I think, comes from William Ellery Channing.... "Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage.  The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict"

3 comments:

Boud said...

Will this work?
"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svzPm8lT36o"

Interesting stuff. We used to do self portraits using a silly stamp when I was studying drawing many years ago. I was issued with a rubber ducky stamp! and you learned how to use it intensively in various areas to create light and shade, amazing how soon you stopped thinking of it as a rubber ducky. He's doing something very similar, clever of him to use the typewriter to compensate for his erratic movements.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Off to check it out!

Caroline Heinrichs said...

Very interesting!