MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, June 20, 2014

A fun little project....


Three little dollies
All in a row.

Their skirts are made from ladies hankies and their heads (and shoes) are painted and varnished to resemble antique china-head dolls.  My own design.

Today's quote is from Leo Rosten.... "I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be honorable, to be compassionate.  It is, after all, to matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all"


9 comments:

  1. So VERY cute!!
    I'm back to the land of the living and I see that you have been pretty darned busy!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote and your dolls are absolutely wonderful...lucky girls to have those pretty hankie skirts too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet little hanky dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and fun! I really like that quote too, words to live by....

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely ladies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great looking group of ladies! Maybe I should try a little varnish on my face...keep it from wrinkling???
    xo
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dollies are adorable!! Neat design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look delightful and I like that painted effect, you used it on the little doll you sent to me too didn't you? So clever and lovely to use hankies : )
    Hows that baby doing then? xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.