MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Thrift store find

Yes, I'm continuing to stitch (despite speculation that I'm sitting with my tootsies up and imbibing bonbons).  Thought I would show you my latest 'find' at the thrift store...


This intrigued me because it said that the package contained 'rice paper' which could be interesting to stitch on.  It was total happenstance that the marker actually still works.  I have NO idea if the transfer aspect of it works as the package says though.  According to the directions on the back, it's useable on fabric, canvas or wood.  You trace your design onto the rice paper using the purple end of the marker and then retrace over it to transfer onto your fabric (or whatever you choose).  Apparently the markings will remain for 2-14 days before disappearing.  If you want to hasten the disappearance act, you use the white end of the marker.  Then you can simply rinse out the rice paper and reuse it later on.  I thought it was worth $1.99 just to have a play!

Today's quote from an unknown author...."The brave may not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all. 


6 comments:

  1. That was a bargain. I have a couple of those pens. I bought them at Fabricland but I don't recall how much I paid for them.They fade pretty fast sometimes specially when you don't don't want them too. The white end works great to erase the marks. I didn't get any rice paper with them. Interesting idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well worth playing with it at that price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am certainly envious of your find. I went to my local thrifty today and couldn't get parked! people circling endlessly to get a spot. Drove down the block to see if I could park anywhere in walking distance. Nope. So sad. All those nice things I couldn't get in to see...oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting concept. I don't think I have ever seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks interesting. You will probably love it and never be able to find it again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just found your blog. What fun!
    You like to experiment and you have some lovely work. My family and I have vacationed in Canada and love its beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.