A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

More white, and announcements


This is a completed section of my second wrapping cloth, a section of
which you saw yesterday.

AND....

1.  Karen is offering her latest on-line class called 'Simply Stitch 4'.  This time her format is slightly different but we will still be treated to seeing her work up close and be part of her embroidery and ledger design process.  Go HERE for further information.

2.  Jackie of Dog Daisy Chains has just announced her very first on-line learning class 'From Fibre to Fabulous'.  How I wish I had more hours in the day so I could take this class because it sounds wonderful.  Go HERE to read more!

The quote for today...

"A grandfather was walking through  his yard when he heard
his granddaughter repeating the alphabet in a tone of voice
that sounded like a prayer.  He asked her what she was doing.
The little girl explained:  "I'm praying, but I can't think
of exactly the right words, so I'm just saying all the letters,
and God will put them together for me, because He 
knows what I'm thinking."
- Charles B. Vaughan


8 comments:

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh this just takes my breath away MA!
Each section is a little work of art on it's own.
Both of the new classes look wonderful - I wish I could do Karen's class - one day maybe.
I'm always saving my pennies for another trip to France to play with my grandies - that's my priority!
Hugs
Shane

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

I really enjoy seeing the progress on your white cloth. Without color it allows you to focus on all the fantastic textures from the variety of cloths, embellishments and embroidery stitches. I especially like the little eyelet-like stitches in the lower right. I don't know the proper name for them.

Cyra said...

Oh how gorgious is that white cloth. Love all the lacy treasures on it and I really like the texture and feature parts that pop out at the viewer.
Great work.

Mosaic Magpie said...

So very thankful, He will put the letters together for us.
xo
Deb

Suztats said...

Your white cloth is fabulous! Loved the quote and passed it on......gee, you think that's work for brain farts, too? lol

Suztats said...

*that'd

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

More yummies. Love the quote!

karen said...

thank you for the promo!!!