MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Knitting and....dare I say it?.....white

I just finished knitting this set the other night.  The cowl is the 'Austin Cowl' pattern, the fingerless mittens are from the 'Mom's Cabled Mitts' pattern, and the hat is the 'Cathedral Hat' - all found on Ravelry.  The yarn is Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable in the Echo colourway.  Two balls were plenty to make all three items.


The mittens look VERY skinny in the photo, but they
stretch to fit the hands beautifully.

AND,
(probably should be a drumroll right about now,
maybe even some thunder and lightning!)

Lookee.....

5 comments:

  1. Love the knitting...lovely yarn. I bought some yarn to make a cowl too. I love the white work piece you're working on....very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking set. Wonderful yarn and I see that you picked up some great books too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all you need now is the snow and youll be able to wear these and be snug as bug as they say lol
    They look lovely, really like the colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your yarn choice--such nice colours. Nice set, too.
    White? as in wrapping cloth? Ooooh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.