MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Black and white....of sorts

Today I can show you little bits that I've done on my needle roll and also on the purses.  The seams on the black are  designs from Pam Kellogg. 


 Remember me showing you the 'Secret Garden' book?
Well, I used one of the flower in it already
(the middle flower below).
The flowers on the left are snipped from a
piece of lace, with some french knots added.
Not sure what the lace is on the right
but I suspect it is handmade. 


Today's quote, attributed to Anais Nin:  "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."

5 comments:

  1. Sweet Stitching, MA! Love the flower, and the quote. More eye candy, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work MA and I love that quote too!

    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quote. I love it. More beautiful seams here. I really like the blue seam on black especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seam heaven here......and just had to say, gingham, gingham gingham...ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quote and stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.