MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A bookish treasure....and bum, bum, de-bum

Yesterday the mail yielded up a book I've had on my wish list ever since I knew it was available and I wasn't the least disappointed with it...


The book is absolutely crammed with charming illustrations
with areas left blank for you to add your own 
drawings (or whatever you like).
I plan to use some of the illustrations as 
stitching patterns.

 


Here's an example of just one of the charming pages...

Specs:  'Secret Garden - An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book' by Johanna Basford.  Published by Laurence King Publishing Ltd.
ISBN 13:978-1-78067-106-2




Today was our monthly CQTeers meeting,
and we made these....


The most interesting pincushion I've ever owned!!

Today's quote:  "The healthy, the strong individual, is the one who asks for help when he needs it.  Whether he has an abscess on his knee or in his soul."  - Rona Barrett

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! That is the funniest and cutest pin cushion I have ever seen!! Love the tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is a lovely book. It's on my wish list.
    Had a good laugh at your pincushion. It amazes me how people come up with these ideas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell us more about the pincushion. Did you stitch it or catch it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Hey MA...love the tat. Glad you enjoyed the class! LOL
    Sue
    (aka Mrs Noofy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic looking book. I just had to buy one for a friend. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLOLOL
    I love it!

    Guess what arrived today?
    YEAHHHHH lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. your pincushion made me laugh out loud!!! I am not going to ask what the inspiration was....I may have a hot flush!! I have that book....I just drool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.