MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Progress on cloth....



 This is the first section of my wrapping cloth # 2 - competed.  I think.  I might end up adding more to it, but for now I think it's done.



This is the second section pieced and ready to stitch. I've actually already added the word 'Joy' on the right (cross stitch on waste canvas).  This cloth is intended for our son and d-i-l and I was lucky enough to be given a number of pieces that originally belonged to her grandmother for me to include.  All but one little 'bit' here came from there.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:40 AM

    I love your header. Looks awesome. All designs are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful! How could you bear to give it away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first section turned out fabulous.
    The shells are so clever.
    This is going to be a great wrapping cloth.

    Hugs
    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter in law will love it! How special....you are scoring big MIL points with this!
    xo,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's looking pretty darn special, already!
    (nice new look to your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.