A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Crazy quilt seams for today

Above is a lovely piece of hand dyed lace that
my friend Julie shared with me this week.
It just happened to be perfect for this piece!

Above is a fairly simple seam treatment done with
embroidery floss and with the addition of 
clear crystal beads for some sparkle.

Below is what I did with a very short seam...
two strands of metallic gold 
(too bad the shimmer doesn't show up!)
worked on waste canvas.



Suztats said...

I love that bit of hand-dyed lace! Seams to me (yeah, groan, I know) your stitching is looking good!

liniecat said...

That lace is so pretty.
You might like this site. This is where I got that heavy balls trim you know?
Im going to the NEC at the end of march and she will be there if theres anything you want.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Like the bead seam treatment!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Beautiful lace. I'm loving the colors you are using too. BTW, I thought I was on the wrong site...you've changed it again. It set me back until I realized this is where I was headed ~ lol.