MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Classes, organization, and seams



And,
another section on my hussif...



There is a little story behind this.  During WW2 a small military plane crash landed in the field beside where my Mother lived.  The plane was a write-off (the pilots were safe) and Mom 'harvested' some of the plastic material that was in the plane.  Plastic, at the time, wasn't in ample supply.  She cut it into pieces and made things like buttons, earrings, and belt buckles.  She painted flowers on most of the pieces.  The little flower piece here was an earring she created.  A little side note - one of the pilots ended up marrying my cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.