MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Stitching

After leaving my comfy-cozy bed this morning at the unheard of hour of 4:30 am  in order to pick up my S-I-L from her medical appointment, it was nice to spend the afternoon sitting with my stitching.  I completed the next block for my white project and right now it's damp stretching.  Thought I would show you a close-up of one area...

In the centre is a covered button that belonged to my grandmother I think. 

Perhaps if you click on the picture below you can get a sense of how big our baby crows are getting.  They're doing their flight exercises and it's getting harder and harder for them all to fit in the nest.  


8 comments:

DIAN said...

The embroidery is lovely and what a beautiful way of using the button.

The little crows will soon be as big as their parents. Do they make a lot of noise?

shirley said...

your stitching on this little sample is gorgeous as always. Crows were always a menace at our place back at Nanango, buy I do realise they have a place in the scheme of things. They are very intelligent.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Mary Ann. A beautiful piece of embroidery. And bird watching is always fascinating!
best, nadia

kaiteM said...

I like crows, the Aussie crow makes such a haunting sound, does yours?

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

Oh MA - what a treasure this is!
Love that you have used a button that was your grandmothers - that makes it so special!

This is beautiful stitching and all the little french knots - all exactly the same size!

I can't wait to do Karen's class later in the year. I'm hoping to find an old piece of linen or suchlike at a Brocante when I'm in France!

WOW - those baby crows must have doubled in size - take plenty of pics as they won't be in the nest for much longer!

lovely to see you over at my place this morning - thank you!
love
Shane

suziqu's thread works said...

Dear Mary Anne I so love your pieces for your white cloth - it is looking just so gorgeous!
It will be purely divine when completed.
Thanks for your visit and lovely comment - You are always appreciated by me.
Take care and keep watching those baby crows growing so quickly before your very eyes.
Suzy

karen said...

beautiful white.....

~*~Patty S said...

still marveling at your wonderful bird's eye view of the nesting crows!!!

precious stitches surrounding that wonderful button...
it takes a lot of convincing for me to believe getting up at o'dark in the morning is a good thing ;)
what a nice SIL you are!

I see that your Mother's Day was full of sweet surprises! and that heart shaped potato is a wonder
(apologies for commenting on several blog posts in one comment...trying to conserve energy while recuperating!
oxo