MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Nests - of two kinds!

First of all, DH got a new digital camera last weekend and we've been playing about with it - definitely a huge learning curve.  It certainly has a lot more bells and whistles than my little one does! 

We have been lucky the past week or so to be able to watch a nest of baby crows in the tree outside my studio window.  The babies are getting to be quite a size and pop up with their mouths wide open hoping for food every time any bird flies near.  I think there are three babies.

See?


AND....
further on nests.....

There is a beautiful nest being given away
by Vicki of 2bagsfull
HERE.

I really shouldn't tell you, should I, because that cuts
down in my chances of winning!!

5 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

NICE photo MA!
I often wish my camera had a stronger zoom, but then if I bought a new one, I'd have to learn a lot of stuff....
And heaven knows, I'm doing good with what I do now! ;-D

Awaiting more pics!

XXOO~~
Anne

karen said...

I would never get anything done if I had a nest so close....thanks for the link, it is amazing!

~*~Patty S said...

I have never seen baby crows before...they sure do look hungry...what a delight to have that view out your window!

great photo MA :)

Happy Weekend to you and yours!
oxo

vicki said...

Ohhh - I love crows! We have a family that come every couple of days to feed in our yard and I adore them. How wonderful that you can watch the babies!

Thank you SO much for sharing my nest give away with your friends. I love you SOOOO much for that! Best of luck in the comntest!

Vicki

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

A wonderful photo MA - how lucky are you being able to observe the little birds from your window!!!
I would love a camera with a zoom - maybe one day!

Your white cloth is looking amazing! Wonderful to incorporate your grandmother's embroidery - beautiful.
I'm ooohing and aaahing at the pineapples too - a lovely touch.

Wishing you a great week in Canada.

xox
Shane