MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Beaded beauty!

My friend Marie Alton makes exquisite beaded items - jewelry and beautiful pieces to add to your needlework projects.  I just purchased these two pieces to add to my white projects and I'm really thrilled. 



AND,
here is what I have done with her heart...






You can also see to the left of  the heart a seam treatment I've added.
While at Irene's on Wednesday for our meeting
she showed us how to make a pretty
ribbon embellishment from instructions

I, of course, being 'different' had to 
do mine with a twist and now I've
added it to my seam inside out! 
On purpose!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces! And, I love what you did with the heart. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking scrumptious MaryAnne! Frosting on cakes and frilly underwears combined :)
    Thanks for the link too--reminds me of why i kept all my old issues of Threads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the beaded heart!
    I love it!
    Wouldnt they look great laid on a velvet background too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello MA ... I see your package arrived ... and glad that you love your wee goodies! Love how it looks on your piece ... shared inspiration is what it's all about!

    Hugs ... Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great addition to your block! It will be a nice way to remember your friend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary-Anne
    I love your white cloth - there are no mistakes only more creations to add!
    Thanks for your so lovely comment on my blog!
    Yes life has a habit of getting in the way of all the people we wish to visit.
    It is always lovely whenever you do.
    Take care,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.