MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two things....



I've seen this a few times now on various blogs I read and I decided to explore more thoroughly.




The Butterfly Project,
hosted by the Holocaust Museum in Houston, Texas

The museum is planning an exhibition to be held in the spring of 2013 to honour the 1,500,000 (yes, you read that right) innocent children who perished in the Holocaust.  They are hoping to collect 1.5 million handmade butterflies for the exhibition.  More information can be found here, along with how you can donate one (or as many as you'd like).  I simply cannot get my head around that many children losing their lives and I think this is a fantastic way to help to remember them.  Won't you consider joining in?

7 comments:

  1. you just jolted my memory--i've been working on a couple and had actually forgotten where they are--gotta find em! A more than worthy project

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Butterfly project is a great idea. I'll be joining in. The thought of all those children leaves me with an awful sinking feeling but I believe the idea of remembering them in this way is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the heads-up re the butterflies, i'll go take a look...k.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info...very cool website. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sister Magpie,
    Way to go and spread the word!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's lovely to see the word on the The Butterfly Effect spreading!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have made my butterfly and another in the making. I hope to post them off next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.