MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Lucky me!!

Look at what came in the mail 
from Val in England!!


Val was interested in the flower trim I had used in my journal so I sent her some to play with.  She has created her own using my originals as a prototype!   I think hers are ever so much prettier than the commercially made ones I have.  That lovely piece of rusted goodness behind is a piece of Tyvek she included for me to play with..BUT.....I just like looking at it and I know I'll have to force myself to use it!  Thank you SO much Val!!

Here's a closeup of the flowers so you can see more of the detail.  Didn't she do great?



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Val's blog..I'm impressed with her lovely work, especially the trees in the forest. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyvek is neat stuff. Beautiful flowers. It is nice, to be nice, to the nice. That's you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hard time believing that the flowers on your journal were a trim. I thought you had made them yourself. Clever girl to find something so fantastic! Anyway, now you have some handmade ones and they look lovely as well. The tyvek is yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo fab! You will have fun with them. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, it's definitely nice to be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Tyvek....love it love it! Has so many possibilities; when you decide to use it, you'll be hooked!
    The flower trim she did is gorgeous. At one time I had the patience...... ;D

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh yes, you did a great job on the flowers Val, she is so talented with her needles isn't she?
    Love that Tyvek too, hey there a lot of homes being built around here and they are covered in it, should I go take a piece? LOL

    You have been busy this past week, your jacket looks wonderful, and I can't wait to see your doll for the collaboration of art dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Tyvek, is it a fabric type or ?? That is beautiful, wonderful colors. The flowers are lovely, hmmm... yet another thing to add to my ever growing list of "trying to do that"!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.