MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 26, 2010

More and....perky?


These bras give a whole new definition to 'perky' don't they?
While we're focusing on nostalgia, how about a 'Did You Know That in 1869'?
1 pair of laced ladies boots cost $2.25
Postage for a one year subscription to a newspaper cost 20 cents
1 1/2 yards of print fabric cost 30 cents
8 1/2 lbs. of sugar cost $1.00

You didn't? Well, neither did I until I started transcribing the accounts at the back of 'the book'!

6 comments:

  1. How did they ever sit down in that corset MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. have they got the address there, i think i might mailorder a set? i need some uplifting. K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you notice of the one summer weight B&W girlde is said *roll on style*???
    My experience with any girdle (and remembering laughing at my poor mother---mercilessly!!!) is the only rolling that happens is when you are lying on the bed rolling around trying to get the thing ON!
    @Doreen, yes, you could sit in a corset like that. I got stuck in a medical one not much different, but you sure sit upright!
    And the bras??? New meaning to *perky*...... ;D

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:02 AM

    Just one word..Spanks! New material same old wiggle dance!! Do you remember Gothic bras? My first one..with the little butterflies under the cup! Man they were pointy too!!
    Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...if I have to wear those bras I would die..so so funny. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. To think..Madonna missed out on these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.