MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Just a sucker.....


....for a new book! I've been reading a few reviews online for this book and they all seem positive, so I bought myself an early Christmas present. I haven't really been able to dive into it like I would love to do, but it seems to be as interesting as I have been led to believe. I think it's going to be perfect bedtime reading! (ISBN-13:978-1-59253-531-6, copyright 2009, published by Quarry Books).

Some more 'stuff' on interest you might want to check out....

- One of my favourite magazines, "Where Women Create", is running a '12 Days of Christmas' giveaway which began yesterday. If you'd like to read more about it, go here.

- Yvonne has talked about the Erosion Bundle Project on her blog here. It sounds like a fun project and I really think I will take part. The idea is that you gather assorted items (fabric, paper, metals, whatever) and create a small bundle, which you then place outside in the elements from Jan. 1/10 until Apr.15/10. You then have until Aug./10 to create something using your eroded goodies. There's more info on Yvonne's blog and also on the Erosion Bundles blog. Check it out and see what the rest of the rules are.

5 comments:

arlee said...

i saw that the other day--kewl composting :}

Kaite said...

not sure about that one, but i started a real compost yesterday, all 440 litres of it, which will probably take until August to mature as well. cheers, K.

yvonne said...

I love this book. I look at it every day. It is my new favorite now.
My erosion bundle is outside already, a bit early, but the winters are mild here, so what the heck. It has rained on it so far and is changing already. I will be posting photos of it now and then on my blog. It is interesting!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I'll be interested to see what you think of this book. I always find other opinions about creative time and use interesting.
And I am a sucker for books too....alas, a few chairs in the house hold books rather than people! LOL!!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Kaite said...

What i meant to say was that 365 days of tips and tricks sounds really useful. You can try limiting yourself to trying one new tip a day for the whole year, what a great yearly project. Good reason to start a new journal.
And thanks for the compliments, my pants aren't really on fire, i always thought i was a slow knitter. cheers, K.