MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sinning - in the BEST way!

I know I promised this blog would not become a recipe blog, however, if you are a chocoholic like I am - you NEED THIS RECIPE!!!! Sinful, mouth-wateringly delicious, and most definitely orgasmic (sorry, but no other word describes it half as well). Mmmmmmm...

This came from the current issue of Kraft Foods 'What's Cooking' magazine...
-----------------------------------

Peanut Butter Cup Pie

1 1/4 cups Oreo baking crumbs (we used no-name)
1/4 cup butter, melted (we used margarine)
1 pkg. (250 g) Philadelphia Brick Cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Smooth Peanut Butter, divided
1 cup cold milk
1 pkg (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding
2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping, divided
3 squares Bakers Semi-Sweet Chocolate

-Combine crumbs and butter and press into bottom & up sides of 9" pie plate. Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup peanut butter until well blended. Add milk and dry pudding mix. Beat 2 mins. Whisk in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate.
-Microwave remaining Cool Whip and chocolate on High 1 1/2 - 2 mins. or until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring after each minute. Cool completely.
-Spread chocolate mixture over filling in crust.
-Microwave remaining peanut butter for 30 sec. Stir and drizzle over pie.
-Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
----------------------------------------------

If you like Peanut Butter Cup chocolate bars you will be in love with this pie! Every mouthful is divine and elicits an involuntary 'mmmm' as you're eating it - guaranteed.

Enjoy and let me know if you try it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh NO, Peanut butter cups are my favorite and I think I'm addicted to them. Once I start I can't stop! what will I do if I make this pie!??????? OH NO!!!!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just found Reese's as a BAR and now i'll have to try this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No,no, i can't, i mustn't, i have to lose some cm off my waistline - oh, ok then, next week. I'll start my diet in December, promise!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.