MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Happy Birthday to Canada!

I don't have a picture for you today, but I do have some fun news to report. My friend Marie Alton has an article in the newest issue of A Needle Pulling Thread magazine AND her work made the cover too!! Go and have a look at what Marie does and while you're there check out what else is coming in the magazine too. This is one of my favourites because of the wide variety of topics and patterns they share AND it's Canadian too and is published not to far from here. I can't wait for my issue to arrive in the mail!

If you haven't been keeping up with the work that Susan Lenz is showing on her blog, please check it out! She has finished another of her stained glass pieces and it is spectacular. While you're there have a look at her Decision Portrait Series (found in her sidebar)...be sure to scroll down to see her finished pieces. Her work is amazing.

While you're checking out links, another one I love is Jude. She has a wonderful article about her work in the new issue of 'Art Quilting Studio' published by Somerset. I bought a copy just so I could read it.

And, finally, Allison Aller is doing something incredible again! Do go and have a look at what she's working on!

3 comments:

yvonne said...

Well, Happy Birthday to my neighbor Canada!
I've enjoyed going to all the links you put up. Some talent out there for sure.

paulahewitt said...

happy birthday Canada!

FredaB said...

I have been gone too long. I forgot it was Canada Day. I will give an extra hoot on the 4th. to make up for it. I have a Canadian flag that I jokingly put out when the Canadians come down but it is in Florida.

I looked at some of the blogs with the dolls and this is going to be fascinating to watch. I may add those blogs to my list so I can check them easily.

Hobbled to the store and back today for food so foot getting better.

Hugs

FredaB