A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Award, owls, and transferring

How's that for an interesting title for a post? First of all, I've been given an award from Dolores of True Blue Canadian! There's a picture I could put on here to show you, but that's beyond my brain-power with computer-eze...so....instead I will let you read about it:

"The KARMA AWARD: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kinds of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to some bloggers who may choose more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Wow! Isn't that nice? Now I have to get out my dictionery to find out what 'aggrandizement' means! Thank you so much Dolores! I think, at this point, I'm supposed to send this award on to a few other people, but do you know what? I'm going to nominate ALL my readers! Your comments and support are what keeps me blogging!!

The following two things were found via 'Craft Gossip' and I just had to point them out to you. First, check out what Ann Wood is showing on her blog. I want one!!

Also, be sure to check out the tutorial on Julia's Place for using Press n Seal for transfer embroidery patterns. I like this idea and can't wait to try it out.

Finally, the picture above is what I see when I open the bedroom curtain each morning. I love poppies, so it's *almost* enough to make me want to get out of bed in the morning ;D

4 comments:

yvonne said...

Congrats on the award...well deserved. I love your blog! check it every day.
I love Ann Woods owl, I want one too.
Press and seal, who would have thought. I'll have to tell my stitching friends about that one.

yvonne said...

Forgot to say that I love the poppies and you do have a wonderful view. How lucky!

Dolores said...

Hi there, it's me again. i have just posted instructions on how to get the image of the Karma Award on my blog. I had to laugh when you indicated that you couldn't do it. I tried and tried until I finally got it. I hate to admit I can't do something so I commend you on that.

I have to admit, I checked out Ann Wood's whole blog earlier today because I am in love with her owls.
I wish I had a view as pretty as yours. We face the street and my bedroom view is a street lamp!

dogonart said...

Congrats on the award. You deserve it and I now feel that I'm rubbing shoulders with a celeb!. Love that Owl. Somehow I feel I might see one on your display shelf one of these days.