MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More progress

I certainly didn't have much time again today to stitch but I did a couple of seams. The pink seam on the left is Raised Chain Band and the smaller pink seam (in the middle) is the Alternating Diagonal Stitch both from the book "A-Z Embroidery Stitches 2". I really like the chain band but will never repeat the alternating stitch. It might just be removed the next time you look at it!

3 comments:

  1. the raised chain band is neat -- I love the sense of a knot in the middle. When I looked at the alternating stich band I must admit to seeing messy satin stitch... maybe I'm just blind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the chain band - waiting with interest to see what happens to the alternating stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What they said :} I LOVE the texture of that chain-will have to add it to the repertoire :}
    I'd use it *everywhere*.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.