MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Art shows

No pictures today, sorry! I may have none to share with you, but I certainly saw a whole lot today. We went to a huge art show and saw tons of paintings and artworks - most of which were way expensive. Beautiful to look at, but I couldn't see them in my home.

I was fascinated by some of the techniques they were using. One lady did very large paintings using encaustic wax and I would have loved to talk to her, but there was quite a crowd around her booth. Another artist did the most intricate paintings on feathers. I fell in love with a monarch butterfly he had painted but at $800 it was a bit too steep for my budget! I did come home with four 5x7" postcards from one of the artists which I hope to frame. I spent a grant total of $5!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.