MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Progress and flowers (again)

For some reason this block just does not want to be photographed, so you will have to click on it to see the details I added today. The seam treatment at the top is one from Pam Kellog's Elegant Crazy Quilt Seam Treatments book, worked in embroidery floss and with a bead to give it a bit of sparkle. The second seam (just below the patterned fabric) is also from Pam's book but I chose to use just part of her treatment in order to make it fit in the area I had. I also added some pearl beads (antique ones, I think) for highlights. Here's a couple more pictures of flowers from our garden. There are so many beautiful ones in bloom right now and it's such a treat to take a stroll through our property. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.