MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Poppies & TIFs




We have a ton of these beautiful single poppies around our house...almost makes me feel like we're living in Flander's Fields! They self-seed every year so we don't have to do a thing. They're the first thing I see when I open the bedroom curtains in the morning.
The other picture is my 'nekkid' TIF piece for July. The colours aren't true here, but you can get the general idea. I really had a challenge to find the colours in my stash this time and I know there are a couple in here that aren't spot on, but I promised I would buy nothing for this challenge and I'm trying very hard to stick to it. If you would like to see the actual colours check out SharonB's blog entry for July 1st ( http://sharonb.wordpress.com ).

4 comments:

  1. You're quick off the mark this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you've put these colours together. Would you mind if I save this picture to show how to piece a great CQ block??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty poppies indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our poppies are spectacular this year too, trying to take over the back yard!

    Nice colourway--i especially like that slice of green--reminds me of wild grapes and the leaves and grasses around....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.