Today was one of those days where I accomplished very little that I can talk about. Not that I can't talk about it - it's just that it would bore you to tears.
I Shall Mumble!!!
1. There's no picture today because the only thing I managed to actually do today was put a few rows of knitting on my Einstein sweater. Right now it just looks like a reddish-coloured blob of knitting.
2. The other thing I did was to clean out my china cabinet and the buffet in the dining room. I managed to put a few things aside for the yard sale though, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.
3. It's cold. We still have the furnace on and it's simply just too cool to contemplate putting any plants in the garden. The 'orchard' (all of 4 little trees) is in blossom but we're so afraid the frost will kill them off. I suppose that once we do get some warmth it will hit with a vengeance.
4. Some sites for your reading pleasure:
- http://www.junkcreation.com there are some interesting things being done with what a lot of us would call 'junk'
- http://www.needlenthread.com Mary Corbet writes an interesting blog about needlework and today she has an entry showing (and describing) a beautiful piece of goldwork. Well worth seeing!
- http://blog.craftzine.com another site that talks about a myriad of crafty things...a lot made with recycled items
- http://recycledcrafts.craftgossip.com another fun site about recycling objects into art
- http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com I know I've pointed you here before, but do go and check out Allison's latest crazy quilt creation. She does very beautiful work!!
5. Finally - for those who read Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's blog ( www.yarnharlot.ca) and/or Franklin at http://the-panopticon.blogspot.com note the birthday celebration that will be taking place to celebrate one of 'those' birthdays for the Harlot. Franklin will be coming to Toronto and doing a photoshoot for his 1000 Knitters project and has left a slot for 120 local knitters to be photographed...all in honour of her birthday. There's lots of fun planned, so if you want to read more about it check out Stephanie's blog for more info.