MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Maybe....maybe?....maybe????....WHEW!


I've been commissioned to put the binding on this lovely quilt and today I undertook to start stitching it on. The quilt owner had cut the binding pieces and as I sewed, I sweated, because I knew there wasn't any more fabric! I had precisely 8 1/2 inches left as the photo can attest. Talk about cutting it (pun intended) close!!
Now I have the mind-numbing chore of handstitching the rest of it down.

2 comments:

  1. I sympathize - I always leave room for error, i.e., fabric required plus roughly 20%. I bet your client doesn't have a stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the binding muse smiled favourably on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.