MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PSI's








Anyone who has been reading my blog for awhile will remember that I took part in a swap of PSIs (Plus-Size Inchies) awhile ago. These are what I received back and were in the bottom of the treasure box from Arlee. Aren't they great? Our theme was CSI (or Crime Scene Investigation for those who don't happen to watch the tv show).
The picture of the ones mounted as a swag on the fuzzy yarn are the ones I received from someone whose name has escaped from my studio (I know it's here...somewhere...however, if you made this would you mind reminding me of who you are? My brain is going!). Be sure to click on these pictures to enlarge so you can see more detail!
The ones with the purplish cast were made by Midge and came complete with a wonderful story of how they came to be and why they were at the crime scene. What a great imagination!
Next, I showed 6 of the ones Donna made right side up and put three wrong side up so you could see the detail on the back too! These are fun to look at - on either side.
Lastly, a skeleton head by Arlee. Now, this is definitely CSI-ish. She has mounted them on a piece of black mesh which just adds to the ambiance. Way cool!
I've spent today getting some of my 'homework' done for the meeting of the CQTeers tomorrow, which I'll post pictures of later on. I'm sadly behind on my TIF challenge piece and really need to put a push on to finish it by the end of the month. Losing a week hasn't helped me to complete things.


2 comments:

  1. Psst, it was Kim :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme for your inchie swap. I'm thinking of putting one together on my blog.

    Love your work Magpie - and I particularly love your TIF challenge. It's really awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.