MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hmmm....a big black blob?




Oh dear. These pictures leave a whole lot to be desired! However, on a day when I've managed to accomplish very little I had to dig through the files to see what I had neglected to post and this was it. These pictures absolutely don't tell much of a story and you will have to use your creative imagination to 'picture' a fleece throw with wine labels (printed off onto fabric) used as a border along the bottom. The main body of the throw is a quilted outline of the Eiffel Tower (which does not show in any pictures!) with some fleur-de-lis thrown in for good measure. I made it as a birthday gift for DS#2's fiance. She's originally from France, hence the French twist on it.
I learned several things today, which is a good thing...right? I didn't know that if you wrapped your head of celery in aluminum foil that it would keep a long time. My celery is forever getting composted because it's gone all mushy and yucky. I also heard (and am about to test) that the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are good for cleaning tile floors. My kitchen floor is a mess, which isn't unexpected when you consider we put pretty cheap tiles in there when we moved in just to cover up the 70s yuck that was on there. With 8 years of dogs, kids, cats & whatever, the tiles are in bad need of a shine. I wonder...is Mr. Clean as magic as he claims? Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that about celery--I hope it works - for you and for me also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haa thanks maryanne for letting me know about celery i have a celery keeper but i wonder if it would do any good for romaine lettuce. my romaine always wilting before i use it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuch. Celery *belongs* on the compost heap :} Period. Mine will just be shiny :}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.