MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, February 22, 2008

FEBRUARY TIF - FINISHED and bubble, bubble, toil & trouble


I finished my piece for the February TIF challenge and all-in-all I'm pretty pleased with it. The picture is clickable so you can enlarge it and see the details better (maybe I shouldn't tell you that in case you find something wrong with it!).
The other picture is the reason I have rather bright brown fingers at the moment. I'm playing around with a technique my friend Doreen ( http://doreeng.blogspot.com ) posted on January 30 on her blog. I threw a number of tea bags into hot water & let them steep for awhile. They're now drying in the square container. The hot liquid left over was too good to waste, so....there's a hunk of cotton fabric and several used Swiffer dusting sheets percolating in the measuring cup. Can you guess that there's something tea-themed coming up?
Speaking of things coming up...I am rapidly nearing my 500th post, which is cause for celebration. Who knew I had that much stick-to-it-ivness to make it this far? So, folks, there will be a draw for a prize or two coming up!! You'll have to stay tuned for further details and be sure to get your 'comment' fingers exercised up.


2 comments:

arlee said...

Congrats, my girl! Don't send me anything though---i just got rid of two thirds of the studio!!!!!!

Doreen G said...

Your TIF block looks fantastic MA..
and who would have thought that you could mumble through 500 blogposts amazing.