MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TIF progress

I had a little time today to work on the TIF challenge for this month. As you can see, I've added a bit more to the lace seam and I'm much happier with it now. I used a portion of a seam treatment from SharonB's 100 Details series (day 64) above the black corner, plus added a glass flower & two leaves on the small seam area. You can also see I've sketched out where I want to work next, which is also being inspired by one of the 100 Details (day 82).

I've also been plugging away on the Einstein sweater, but I don't suppose you're too interested in seeing a 'lump' of burgundy coloured plain knitting! I finally counted my rows and only have about 60 left to go on the main part and then it'll be on to the fronts & back. Can't wait. Two of my friends have completed their sweaters and they're great, so am anxious to finish mine. I must remember to be on the hunt for some spectacular funky buttons for it because I really think it needs gorgeous buttons to show it off.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:38 PM

    Ooh, this is looking GREAT! Full of interest and your stitching is beautiful.
    Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.