MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Of TAST and trees....




You know how they say that pride goeth before a fall? Well, I was feeling quite proud of myself that I had caught up on the TAST (Take A Stitch Tuesday) challenge that SharonB has been doing with us all year and then (the fall) my computer had to go in for repairs and now I'm behind again! Oh well, my intentions are good anyway and I'm committed to seeing the challenge through for the year, not only because I said I would, but because I'm learning so much and know that the instructions and the encouragement Sharon has given me will last a lifetime. ( http://sharonb.wordpress.com )
The other picture is of Jack and our 'tree' in the backyard. He is just over six feet tall, so you can get an idea of how large this sunflower truly is. It's a volunteer which we suspect came from some birdseed we had scattered on the driveway last winter. We'll be saving some seeds so we can try growing more next year. There are over a hundred flowers on it right now and there would have been tons more if my dad hadn't used it for target practice with his car a few times (we won't discuss his driving skills!). The bottom part of the stem is at least 4 inches across.

1 comment:

  1. Magpie,
    i'm just jealous of your sunflower :-) I had not seen any like this before. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.