This is another of my 'play with technique' results. I repeated the basics of another process I tried a few days ago, only using a different base. This one I like!
The base this time was a used (and washed) Swiffer cloth. Washing Swiffers makes them all fuzzy and not particularly useful for a second time as they are intended, however they make a great base for art! I removed all the 'fluffy' bits, which left a soft, but substantial piece. Over that I sprinkled all sorts of stuff - bits of silk ribbons, threads, fibres and even some of the 'fluff' I had removed from the original cloth. Then I sprinkled the whole thing with some embossing powder & ironed it between two pieces of parchment paper. Once it cooled I added some bits of Angelina fibres and ironed very lightly again (don't forget the parchment, or your iron will end up yucky!). This is the result. It's much more sparkly than the picture shows of course. I love it!