MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

TAST - Weeks 14, 15 & 16


Oops. I have been very remiss in keeping up with my homework for the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge and suddenly woke up to the fact that I haven't done any for three weeks. Not good!
Being that I have a 'push' on to finish my teddy bear round robin, I decided to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak) and do the whole three stitches right onto my piece. All three are on the darkish coloured patched on the left of the picture.
Week 14 was the bonnet stitch, which I have never tried before. It's the one covering the seam between the dark patch and the one with the square crocheted doily (made by my grandmother, btw).
Week 15 was the oyster stitch. I've done that one before but keep forgetting about it. It's the 'trail' that goes through the centre of the dark patch. I did individual 'oysters' rather than joining them because I wanted to put a bead in between each one. Like that stitch, a lot!
Week 16 is the palestrina stitch. That one I had trouble with for some reason. It's the green wavy line at the top of the patch. I couldn't manage to figure out how to make the wider arms on it...have reached the conclustion I wasn't doing it right. Either way, I rather like the result, but it sure doesn't look anything like Sharon's!!
As always, thanks to SharonB for her interesting challenge stitch each week. www.inaminuteago.com/blog

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:31 PM

    A love your materials and the colors, with the good choice of stitches the circle is complete!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.