I've been spending some time doing some catch-up on my favourite sites this afternoon and realize that a number of people have posted their goals and plans for this year. Since I'm between projects at this very moment (after having cleaned my workroom this morning) I think I just might give this a whirl. I'm assured that putting your plans in writing is a good thing and will encourage getting things done. We'll see! (Wish me luck).
1. I have a box (actually a Rubbermaid tote, of the largish sort) full of UFO's. Opening the lid induces all sorts of guilt. I don't like feeling guilty...so...I plan to finish at least half of the things lurking in there this year. It would be a noble goal to finish them all, but I'm not THAT dedicated!! Just to give you a hint of the projects in there...a half-done hairpin lace shawl that I just know will be absolutely gorgeous (started in a class); my prototype for the sewing case I made several friends for Christmas and meant to be finished so I can have one too; a head and partially designed body for a totally beaded doll; a wooden cigar box (to be made into a purse...maybe); the pattern, beads, etc. for making a bead-knitted half-doll; two balls of Lambs Pride wool to be knitted into socks; a bag full of 'cat stuff' to be made into a cat-themed crazy quilt; 'bits' of a wedding dress/bridesmaids dresses to be made into another CQ for a friend; and who knows what else.
2. I have a wonderful shelf of craft books. No surprise there, but have I made anything from most of said books? No. So...I would like to make/try at least one technique from each of my books, utilizing stash I already have.
3. I have a huge shelving unit full of recycled denim. I want to make something out of it...things that are useful and decorative. I want to make a long denim coat, similar in style to the CQ ones I already do.
4. I want to make another art doll.
5. I want to learn to do collage art, which, in turn, will lead to my being able to try at least some of the techniques for altering paper that I have downloaded over the past year or so. I have a whole file drawer full of 'ideas' and so want to play with them.
6. Above all I want to reduce my stash without having to buy anything unless absolutely necessary.
There, that's my list. How about you? Do you have a plan in place?