MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Pictures!




I have a couple of pictures to show today. One is of my most-treasured Christmas items...my nativity set. When I was working as an Avon rep these were offered and I bought as many as I could afford at the time. I don't have all the pieces, but I do have the most meaningful ones. They are pure white porcelain. The creche itself is one Jack bought me for Christmas a few years ago. There are a few ornaments on the tree that are quite special to me, but my nativity is 'Christmas' to me.
The other picture shows a present I received yesterday, along with one of my Santas from my collection. The 'lump' is actually a lamp...made of salt (!) mined in the Himalayans. It is extremely heavy, but gives off the most wonderful glow. Jacquie said that it's supposed to be good for balancing ions in the room, which I don't know much about, but she promised me a pamphlet on it later on. I don't care about the ions...I love the lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.