MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Finished box and frustration


I've decided that there is one week before Christmas that I suffer from complete and total frustration. Everything has to come together all at once and it's just plain overwhelming. I'm down to the wrapping stage, which isn't my favourite thing to do at the best of times. I love the making of presents but once they're done I don't want to see them again and certainly don't want to have to wrap them. Too bad I couldn't just give them the way they are!
Anyway, here's a picture of the finished box I showed you in mid-go a couple of days ago. I'm not 100% pleased with it, but it will do. It's a first attempt and I've come to the conclusion I would have been further ahead to just purchase a box at the dollar store and recover it. This pattern (Vogue) used 'cardboard' of undetermined strength for the box sides, top & bottom. I used bristolboard because I felt it would bend into the oval shape easier and should be sturdy enough. Not so much. It's ok, but don't put any pressure on it or it will buckle. Yet another reason why I dislike Vogue patterns (other than the price). Their instructions assume you know much more about the project than you actually do and really don't spell things out thoroughly enough for most mortal people. I keep hoping they will change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.