MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

463, and counting


Yep. I'm sure it's 463*. Or is it 464? Or 465? All I know is I hate wrapping presents and I'm sure that's how many I've wrapped today. What's worse is that I'm not done!!! To be fair, there's only two left, which isn't too bad.
The picture today is of the forest next door (sorry about the dark photo, but there's never any sunshine when you need it). Imagine if you can, eighteen trees, all nearly 50 ft. tall. All poised to come crashing down like bowling pins at some point in the not-too-distant future. Well, they're crashing down allright...by design. We're not sure if we should be sad or glad. We certainly won't miss the mess they leave after every wind storm or rain, or snow. We won't miss the roots taking the good out of the soil in our garden. We will miss the shade and the lovely sound they make when it's windy (but not TOO windy). Half of them are gone already and we think we're living in a whole 'nother neighbourhood!
*For those that think we're wealthy and go totally overboard, the above number is very much exageratted. It was really only 462.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.