MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Studio Indulgence(s)


Studio Indulgences is the topic for Studio Friday this week. "What can't you live without in your studio?". I have two things I would be lost without...my Janome sewing machine that I absolutely love and use practically on a daily basis, and my computer (which I didn't bother to take a picture of because you all know what they look like!). This sewing machine is by no means a fancy machine - more of a work horse actually. I bought it because it sews denim (many layers!) beautifully. It also has a small series of fancier stitches, which is all I need because I prefer hand embroidery anyway.

Today we were inspired to do a 'clean sweep' of Christmas decorations we no longer love/need/use and have managed to put aside 5 boxes of 'stuff' heading toward the thrift store. You know, the idea that you see on the TV show (Clean Sweep) works! Pick something up and immediately make a decision as to keep, toss, or donate...do not take time to think about it too much. I got rid of things I know I would have kept had I given too much thought to (most would have been kept out of guilt). Ahhh. It feels good! Not only that, but there might be some room in the storage cupboard...woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.