MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm Back!

I'm back. I have a new computer which I am still learning to use. Wonder of wonders, what a difference a new keyboard makes. I no longer have to punch each letter in to make it 'take'. Now I have the opposite problem, that of making too many letters and in all the wrong places!

I really can't believe how much I have missed being able to use a computer. After all, it's just a machine, right? I don't think so, at least not anymore. I felt so out of touch with everybody! I am now the proud owner of my first brand new computer (no longer am I using hand-me-downs from my kids!). It's a Compaq Presario in a really sleek black, which is really all I want to know about. There's no point in me quoting you all the specs, because I haven't a clue what they mean anyway.

While I've been 'away' I have managed to accomplish some things, none of which I am able to show you at the present moment. Two reasons - I haven't had time (or the courage) to instal the software for my camera; and...most of the 'stuff' I've been working on are for Christmas presents. Can't you tell I've been at loose ends when I start on Christmas before it's at least October??

Yesterday we got a new furnace (changing to gas, from oil) AND, because we no longer have to have an ugly old oil tank in the furnace room, I get some more space to store my 'stuff'!!! I realize now I should have taken before/after pictures, but forgot. I have two chests of drawers going in there to fill up, plus I think I'm getting some sort of shelving for my magazine storage. At last I'll be able to have some system for my paper bits, my magazines, and my wool. YES!

On that note, better go & do some catching up with all the blogs I've missed reading. Sure am glad to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.